Links under construction as more parts get completed.
- Engine & Controls
- About Us
Build chronology milestones
Completed bellcrank assemblies and riveted to 9th ribs, then
clecoed right wing ribs for drilling to #30. Yes, I did have
the right wing assembled once before, and missed the
opportunity then to drill out the pilot holes.
10th: The #1 rib on the right is shortened to allow for the
rear spar attach bracket. Here, I clamped the rib in place to
drill the pilot holes in the new rear flange, with 5" spacing
between the inner ribs.
10th: The right bellcrank. The plans call for zinc chromate
epoxy on the steel bushings. However, as can be seen by these
and other pictures, I've been reluctant to turn our garage, which also
houses our fabric arts and longarm machine quilting business,
into a superfund toxic waste site. No chromate or
alodine. Period. But, some anti-corrosion protection is
called for. After some research, I decided to go with the
ACF-50 treatment, a thin-film penetrating formula. The
bellcrank bearing was treated with ACF-50 before oiling and
assembly, and I plan to treat the airframe after
assembly. ACF-50 is non-toxic, mostly, and is usually
professionally applied. The only downside is that it needs to
be renewed every two years for the life of the plane.